RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT FUND (RIDF) SCHEME

RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT FUND (RIDF) SCHEME
 

The basic objective of Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) is to create / develop rural infrastructure like roads, bridges, irrigation facilities, drainage systems, power and various other infrastructure in social sector like primary schools, SSKs, Anganwadi centers etc., out of loan assistance from NABARD. Normally, 90% of the project cost is sanctioned as loan to the State Government by NABARD and the remaining 10% is borne by the State Government. The programme was introduced in the year 1995 and is being implemented by the Finance Department as the Nodal Department. For each year, there is a separate tranche for RIDF e.g. it was RIDF VII for the financial year 2001-02 and for the current financial year 2002-03 it is RIDF VIII. Panchayats and Rural Development Department has been declared as administrative department for RIDF schemes some time during the continuance of RIDF V (1999-2000) though Finance Department continued to be the Nodal Department. The guidelines for RIDF were revised by the Finance Department on 29th May, 2002 and as per revised guidelines, the concerned line department as well as Zilla Parishad, Siliguri Mahakuma Parishad and DGHC will implement schemes under RIDF VIII and for subsequent tranches, the agency being determined in terms of the authority exercising administrative control over the infrastructure involved in those particular schemes. However, the list of the schemes to be implemented under RIDF will be finalized by the ZP/SMP/DGHC in consultation with the concerned line departments. Sanctioned schemes under RIDF VI and RIDF VII for which tenders have already been floated will continue to be implemented by following the earlier guidelines. But schemes under these two tranches for which tenders have not been floated will be implemented by the concerned department or ZP etc, as the case may be, in terms of the revised guidelines. However, irrespective of the implementing agencies, ZP and other local bodies will remain responsible for monitoring the progress of implementation of the schemes and will ensure involvement of Panchayats and beneficiaries in the process. If the Zilla Parishads / Siliguri MP/ DGHC intend to get any of the schemes implemented by the line department, the schemes will be implemented as deposit work.

 
 For Detail Guideline (Click Here)
 
Back
 
 
  Site is Designed & Developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) , West Bengal State Centre      |      Legal Disclaimer
Best viewed in IE 8.0 / Mozilla 3.5 or Above